Our client, a multinational alcoholic beverage company and the world's largest producer of spirits, are looking to recruit a Brand Demand Planner reporting to the Brand Demand Planning Manager based at their office headquarters in London.
- Deliver an accurate and unbiased demand signal for relevant brands
- Support the product quality agenda by ensuring that all quality incidents are logged and resolved for relevant brands
- Create demand signal based on analysis of historical demand patterns to create statistical forecasting, incorporating market dynamics including cannibalisation, category trends and competition in the forecast to increase forecast accuracy
- Agree Supply Chain Policies with Supply Planning to deliver appropriate levels of customer service and inventory health
- Manage the short term plan with cross functional partners to maximise customer service and balance service cost and inventory
- Effectively influence cross functional teams in both Demand and Supply at all levels within the Sales and Operations (S&OP) process to achieve consensus and clear gap-closing action plans to deliver business goals
- Negotiate and influence the decision making process to determine one set of numbers which drives the end to end supply chain planning process to deliver business goals in customer service and cash
- Consistently utilise identified metrics (KPIs) to assess the success of current and historical S&OP to deliver customer service and cash targets
Skills, experience and attributes:
- Educated to degree level
- Circa 3yrs in FMCG Company in customer services, demand or supply planning role
- Strong analytical skills, advanced Excel and presentation skills - detail driven, able to analyse and manipulate large volumes of data to identify the salient elements
- Process orientated, able to clearly prioritise multiple and often conflicting tasks
- Strong commercial drive, able to balance the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Masterful at creating alignment across multiple functions and stakeholders
- Solutions focused and capable of delivering continuous process improvement
- Able to handle ambiguity and operates well in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Team player, focused on total company delivery also thrives in a challenging and complex environment
- Ability to challenge other’s views to deliver individual results
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
For more information please contact Julie Carling at The Carling Partnership Limited,
Telephone: +44 1483 893 100.