Our client provides scientific, technical, and legislative support to the food, drinks and allied industries worldwide. The practical application of technical excellence lies at the heart of all that they do and is supported by their industry-leading facilities, expertise and knowledge.
They are looking for a Food Safety and Regulatory Affairs Advisor covering the Brewing and Alcoholic Beverages section to be based at their Surrey Office. The role holder will provide sector specific food safety support to members and clients in the brewing and alcoholic beverages industry, covering provision of information, briefings, training, managing and delivery of bespoke client projects. Reporting to the Director of Regulatory Affairs and Brewing, the Food Safety & Regulatory Affairs Advisor will work closely with the sector specific departments, providing the bridge between food safety analysis and testing and Regulatory Affairs. He/she will be expected to manage projects to time and budget, and actively participate in growing and developing the business.
- Provision of food safety support and consultancy for alcoholic beverages - horizon scanning, and bespoke advice, consulting on projects (55%)
- Management tasks – meetings, strategy, coordination (20%)
- Business development and building the range of services offered, networking (20%)
- Training and supporting others (5%)
Skills, experience and attributes:
- Degree or equivalent in relevant science or technology
- Established track record in the alcoholic beverages sector, ideally brewing, with a strong Food Safety knowledge
- IT competent and able to use bespoke software packages to deliver services to clients
- Proven track record of managing the delivery of projects
- Financially astute
- Well-developed communication skills, with the ability to produce clear and concise summaries of complex technical information
- Ideally evidence of commercial and business development experience, interacting with clients and developing contract work with them
- Ability to influence staff outside of line management structure and work across departments as needed to provide them with support in the food safety of alcoholic beverages area
- Ability to present on the podium and client meetings
- Ability to work accurately, proof read, and ensure excellence in the information being delivered
- Can do, entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, friendly, innovative attitude
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
For more information please contact Tricia Tappin at the Carling Partnership,
(firstname.lastname@example.org), Tel: +44 1483 893100.