Our client, a London based brewery, is known for producing a great range of high-quality, flavourful, interesting beers and is the fastest growing craft brewery in the country. With their commitment to continued investment in the best equipment available and attractive packages for Brewers, it is an ideal time to join the company.
They are now seeking to recruit a Head Brewer and would like an enthusiastic and skilled individual to join their rapidly growing Company. Reporting to the Production Director the Head Brewer will be responsible for the day to day running and management of the Brewhouse/filtration and cellaring operations. The Head Brewer will be managing and developing a team of 11 brewers and working closely with the Packaging, Quality and Engineering Manager to deliver the Brewery plan and strategy. The brewery operates 24 hours, 5 days a week and has an intensive training program, enabling all members of the team to develop their careers in all areas of the production.
- Plan and ensure the smooth operations aspects of the production side of the brewery
- Ensure raw materials are available and of the right quality. Improve the auditing of suppliers to ensure high quality of service and supplies
- Manage H&S and hygiene in the brewery
- Manage, mentor and develop the brewing team
- Drive improvements across the brewing function looking at yields, costs and efficiency
- Set and monitor KPI’s
- Work closely with the Packaging Manager to ensure supply of beer for packaging
- Ensure SOP’s are in place and are best practice
- Work to industry best practices and within the guidelines of our third party accreditation SALSA, FEMAS
Skills, experience and attributes:
- Brewing qualifications and/or previous industry experience, this could be in the distilling or malting sector
- A passion for craft beer brewing
- A desire to innovate and share passion for beer is essential
- Good communication skills and a “can do” attitude
The right candidate will have the opportunity to progress and develop within the company.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
For more information and to discuss the role please contact Tricia Tappin at The Carling Partnership
+44 1483 893 100.