Our client, based in London, is described as an inclusive, passionate and innovative craft brewery. Their primary focus is on quality and consistency of product in growth markets of kegs and cans. Their rapidly growing business means that they are currently undergoing a major expansion and in early 2017, they will be moving to a brand new site. Since they are also committed to team training and development as well as loyalty, it is a great time to join the brewery.
They are now seeking to recruit a Head Brewer and would like a confident and forward thinking individual to join their rapidly growing brewery. Reporting to the Founder and Owner, the Head Brewer will be responsible for the day to day running and management of the new 40bbl Brewhouse. The Head Brewer will be managing and developing a team of brewers and working closely with the senior management team to deliver the Brewery’s plan and strategy.
- Plan and ensure the smooth operation aspects of the production side of the brewery
- Ensure raw materials are available and of the right quality. Improve the auditing of suppliers to ensure high quality of service and supplies
- Manage H&S and hygiene in the brewery
- Manage, mentor and develop the brewing team
- Drive improvements across the brewing function looking at yields, costs and efficiency
- Set and monitor KPI’s
- Be responsible for procurement and stock management
- Drive the brewery’s strategy
- Identify new craft market trends and manage new recipe development
- Be the face of the brewery focussing on marketing ‘the cutting edge’ craft brewing brand
Skills, experience and attributes:
- Brewing qualifications and/or previous industry experience, this could be in the distilling or malting sector
- A passion for craft beer brewing
- A desire to innovate and share passion for beer is essential
- Excellent communication skills and a highly positive attitude
- Strategic thinking
- Commercially astute
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a team
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
For more information and to discuss the role please contact Penny Zaloumis at The Carling Partnership
+44 1483 893 100.