Our Client, a globally leading Company with over 600 references in more than 60 countries across 5 continents, provides innovative solutions for beverage alcohol and bioethanol plant, brewery, water & wastewater treatment plant, critical process equipment and systems and bio-products. They are looking to recruit a Head of Engineering focusing on the Brewery function reporting to the Business Unit Head - Brewery. The role is based at their office headquarters in a major and attractive city in India which has a wide expat community and excellent international schools.
The Head of Engineering will establish and direct the overall objectives and initiatives of the Engineering Department. They shall proactively develop and maintain a team of high‐performing pre‐ sales and post sales engineers and continually seek innovative methods for improving team performance and profitability. The Head of Engineering will manage and drive the deadlines of the Engineering Department. They will also provide engineering expertise to other teams as needed.
The Head of Engineering will be directly responsible for the following engineering functions: Proposal Engineering, Process Engineering and Commissioning, Detailed Equipment Engineering (Static, Piping, E&I), Utilities & Packages & New Business Line Technologies. They will also be responsible for engineering activities for Global Brewery projects and will be working closely with CIAT/ Matrix (R&D centre) for development and upgrade of technology.
- Manage timely and accurate technical proposal as per customer needs
- Ensure optimal design has been incorporated as per specification finalised with client
- Drive cost saving, design and process improvements for Brewery Engineering Division
- Deliver engineering requirements as per agreed project timelines
- Be responsible for commissioning and vertical start up for Green field, Brown field & expansion projects
- Lead team to technical account strategies according to customer business requirements and goals, assign resources appropriately
- Analyse technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects
- Ensure quality for deliverables. Direct the timely resolution of all project liability issues. Minimize legal exposure and/or liabilities of the Organisation. Review project engineering requirements, RFP’s and proposals
- Complete on-site visits (if required), evaluate site conditions, and check respective items which could impact on engineering design and build
- Ensure delivery of Operation and Maintenance Manuals in a timely manner
- Interview, hire and train employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints
- Monitor and measure team progress against business plan and recommend changes as needed
- Lead cross‐functional projects within the area of responsibility
Skills, experience and attributes:
- Around 15-20 years of industry experience with 5-7 years in senior management role
- Ability to get things done without direct line authority; exercise personal influence, resolve conflict, and promote required behaviours within the team
- Competency in communicating a clear technical vision and strategy for the key accounts that inspires and empowers the team to execute within a common framework
- Knowledge and understanding of best practices and ability to apply these and other tools to drive business results
- Be familiar with the basics of managing technical people and the associated process of running a business
- Strong business acumen
- Relevant knowledge of techno commercial trends of synergistic industries & vertical markets focusing on how the Company’s solutions can add financial and strategic value
- Ability to establish collaborative relationships at multiple levels with key customers and business partners
- Knowledge and understanding of the competitor’s business model in order to help the customer identify the technological edge the Company can provide
For more information please contact Julie Carling at the Carling Partnership Ltd,
(Julie.email@example.com), Tel +44 1483893100.