Our client provides scientific, technical, and legislative support to the food, drinks and allied industries worldwide. The practical application of technical excellence lies at the heart of all that they do and is supported by their industry-leading facilities, expertise and knowledge. Their commercial success has been reflected in their Brewing Services Department, which is internationally recognised for its expertise in the provision of technical services and research to support the brewing and beverages sector. Its reputation has grown steadily over the past decade, notably as a result of successful work for the public and private sectors with the ability to provide an integrated package of technical support with sector-specific advice and expertise for the interpretation of data.
Within their Brewing Services department, they are looking for a Project Brewer Maltster to undertake brewing, malting, training and other projects including NPD work for all types of alcoholic beverages. The prime focus is within the pilot plants, but may also be asked to perform any other work within the Department.
Reporting to the Sensory Product and Innovation Manager, he/she will be a key member of the Brewing Services team and will work very closely with the Sensory and Pilot Plant Teams.
- Operate the brewery and maltings to meet client requirements; flexible working hours will be required. Contributing to other project work on site as needed
- Prepare project proposals and project reports to a high standard (this includes assisting in applications for public finances); liaising with external clients or Company staff as needed
- Implement improvements in the brewery and maltings to ensure a high standard of hygiene, operation and recording of data
- Give training courses
- Publish results and giving lectures at national or international meetings
- Assist in marketing of the Company as required
- Other duties as and when required by the manager
Skills, experience and attributes:
- Degree or equivalent in a science subject
- Experience in the brewing and / or malting industry
- Ability to run a brewery
- Experience of running projects with excellent report writing skills
- Excellent knowledge of the brewing and malting processes
- A willingness to travel and ability to network
- Ability to work within a team without supervision
- Flexibility and ability to undertake a number of tasks and prioritise accordingly
- Good business and people activity management skills
- Can do and flexible, able to turn their hand to any innovative projects
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
For more information please contact Tricia Tappin at the Carling Partnership,
(email@example.com), Tel: +44 1483 893100.