Our client is a worldwide leading company specialised in cleaning and sanitising solutions for the brewing, beverage and food industry . They also are expert in water treatment and process improvement solutions for all industry segments, delivering significant environmental, social and economic performance benefits to their customers.
Our client has a real customer-oriented approach, a unique know-how, a highly qualified and experienced team of engineers and a worldwide support network which are the keys of the privileged win-win relationship that they have established with major customers all over the world.
In order to retain the Company’s existing customer base and grow the unmatched business potential existing in the water treatment area, they are looking for a Technical Service Engineer based in the Preston area. They will be responsible for technical support at customers’ plant. Providing excellent technical service to the customer will be the challenge. They will be based at customers’ plant and report to the the European Account Manager and UK Sales Manager.
Key responsibilities :
- Control and guarantee good function of our products and equipment at customer site
- Stock and inventory control and administration
- Consumption reports
- Support of the customer team operations
- Control and monitoring of the operational variables of the process in the following areas:
- Beer Process:
- Ph evaluation and concentration audit on soak baths.
- Evaluation of caustic concentration and disinfectant concentration on CIP operations using titration methods.
- Beer Packaging:
- Surface tension measurement, temperature measurement and caustic concentration measurement.
- Friction coefficient measurement over conveyors.
- Pressure measurement on the lube distribution network, measure and adjustment of the lubricant concentration, lube dosing time adjustment
- Execution of root cause analyses/audits and problem troubleshooting
Skills, experience and attributes:
- Technical degree or High School diploma with Industry experience or Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Chemical, Electro-Mechanical, Industrial), or Life Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, etc.) preferred
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of technological/technical experience in a brewery as brewer / Microbiologist / Chemist
- 2+ years of successful technical service or field sales support experience
- Basic theory of chemical and water treatment elements
- Must have a strong mechanical aptitude
- Flexible and hands-on
- Pragmatic with strong people’s skills
- Result-oriented with excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills within cross-functional teams
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of MS Office packages (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Must be based in Preston area
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
For more information please contact Penny Zaloumis at the Carling Partnership,
(firstname.lastname@example.org), tel: +44 1483 893100.