Our client is a major player group in the food and drinks industry worldwide and expert in barley and wheat. They own 59 factories in 18 countries including one based in the Midlands in the UK where they are now looking to recruit a UK Purchase and Sales Manager within their malting division.
The Purchase and Sales Manager will be responsible for malt sales to the customers of the malting division, developing the client in the UK and managing the operations relating to contracts execution to optimise profitability. The client base lies within both the distilling and brewing sectors. As far as purchasing is concerned, they will develop relations with UK malting barley merchants and develop closer partnerships with local suppliers, managing the barley purchase positions on a daily basis.
- Build long-term partnerships with customers and suppliers
- Negotiate sales contracts focusing on profitability, in close relationship with management
- Follow operations related to contract execution (delivery and payment in particular)
- Follow actively grain and barley markets in the UK to build the commercial and purchase strategy and regularly update his/her management on market trends
- Support the agronomy team locally to develop closer relations with barley growers
- Seek to develop new markets and outlets: analyses various data sources, animate a professional network, look for new potential clients, ready to travel when needed
- Participate in the commercial committees (budget and action plans)
- Show a natural leadership and contributes to the dynamics of the international commercial team
- Communicate and work closely with internal stakeholders (Purchasing, Technical, Finance, Quality)
- Issue regular reports on his/her activity (purchases, sales, operations, market data synthesis)
Skills, experience and attributes:
- Technical malt sales background not mandatory but would be a strong advantage
- Ideally a candidate from a malting environment with ability to understand and analyse the technical requirement of the customer
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- A strong self-motivated team player with experience in working in cross-functional teams
- Aptitude to demonstrate a positive and professional mind-set on the market
- Excellent negotiation skills
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
For more information, please contact Julie Carling at the Carling Partnership Ltd,
(email@example.com), tel: +44 1483893100.