Our client, an innovative craft brewery on the rise, have an exciting opportunity as a Senior Brewer. This role will be reporting into the Lead Brewer. The aim of this role is to ensure their beer is produced to the highest quality and will cover a wide range of tasks from brewing and cellaring and laboratory work. Whilst maintaining high standards of cleanliness throughout the brewery at all times.
The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of the brewing process, equipment and techniques. Act as the main point of contact, supervise the day-to-day operation of the brewery team and assist with the production of wort, fermentation and conditioning in line with quality control and production targets.
- Responsible for the smooth running of brewing and cellaring
- Arrange for all raw materials and supplies to be readily available to facilitate work
- Plan dry hops, beer transfers, centrifuge and beer conditioning
- Monitor fermentation, take gravities and adjust temperature to ensure fermentation profiles are adhered to
- Handle the correct use, storage and stock management of raw materials
- Perform yeast counts and cropping
- Operate the Centrifuge
- Maintain accurate records and written procedures
- Ensure processes are safe and functional
- Ensure beer is in specification for packaging dates
- Manage and coordinate on-going training and support for brewery team members
- Assist the Lead Brewer in projects where needed
Skills, experience and attributes:
- IBD Diploma in Brewing, Brewing MSc, Food Science or Chemical Engineering degree or equivalent
- Significant experience working in the beer industry
- Strong time management skills with the ability to plan ahead and manage multiple tasks with little supervision
- Confident supervising a team and questioning the way things are done
- Ability to quickly solve problems and think on your feet
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Positive and committed attitude, with a flexible approach
For more information, please contact Penny Zaloumis at The Carling Partnership Limited
+44 1483 893 100.
Applications please only from candidates eligible to work in the UK.