Our client is a leading modern craft brewery and are looking to recruit an Engineering Manager. They will be accountable for the engineering function and team, ensure the safe and efficient performance of the engineering team, whilst adhering to safety, quality and financial standards. The Engineering Manager will also drive continuous improvement in the planned maintenance programme.
Skills, experience and attributes:
- To be from an Electrical/Mechanical background
- HNC in Engineering
- Have an understanding of food safety standards and good manufacturing practice
- Experience of working in the food manufacturing industry
- A good understanding of health and safety, especially relating to:
- Steam generation
- Compressed air generation
- Relevant engineering knowledge.
- Ability to motivate and lead the team to inspire them to be safe and maintain our quality standards
- A confident, determined character with the ability to communicate amongst a variety of people from customers to contractors to Managers and Directors
- Ability to establish trust and rapport with our internal stakeholders
- Hands-on and proactive approach with a positive “can do” attitude
- Disciplined approach to work including the ability to work under pressure to manage conflicting priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Self-motivated with a flexible approach to workload
- Good planning and organisational skills with an ability to operate independently and an attention to detail
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and project management skills
- Knowledge in terms of our quality standards, health and safety and any external legalisation relevant to this department
Applicants form candidates already eligible to work in the UK please.
For more information and to discuss the role please contact Julie Carling at The Carling Partnership
+ 44 1483 893 100.