Our client, a London based craft brewery, is looking to recruit a Head of Sales who will be responsible for developing and expanding their existing sales channels as well as growing the current team in order to deliver the long-term goals of the brewery.
Reporting to and working in tandem with the directors, this new role arises at a seminal point in the development of the brewery. The infrastructure with regards to both the brewery and brand is in place for the incumbent to deliver the significant growth that is expected for the business by both shareholders and commentators alike.
They are looking for someone who has previous experience in developing & implementing short, medium & long-term sales in a high growth environment, alongside the ability to manage and motivate a growing sales team.
Skills, experience and attributes:
- Proven drinks/FMCG industry leader with outstanding commercial experience and a great understanding of the UK retail landscape
- The individual will have built a strong career in sales/commercial roles before progressing to management positions. Some credible leadership experience from well-known, complex and entrepreneurial FMCG environments
- Strong commercial acumen, able to build close relationships with key customers and understand their business whilst identifying longer term opportunities in new products and channels
- Craft Beer industry experience is strongly preferable but an individual who offers a proven track record in FMCG would also be considered
- A leader with strong ambition and the intellectual capability to lead on a wide range of commercial activities
- Proven experience in building and enabling the delivery of a sales strategy for a business, with a strong emphasis on a rapid and sustainable growth agenda. With a proven ability to prioritise opportunities effectively, construct initiatives to deliver the vision and obtain buy-in from all stakeholders and colleagues
- An open and progressive leadership style, being highly visible throughout the business, and immediately identified as a figurehead
- A high level of pragmatism and realism with strong interpersonal skills. Outstanding communicator with a proven ability to listen, influence, unite and motivate behind collectively agreed objectives
- Strong negotiation skills
Applications from candidates already eligible to work in the UK please.
For more information please contact Tricia Tappin at The Carling Partnership
+ 44 1483 893 100