Whether you are an accomplished brewer with bags of experience or someone coming from a smaller craft outfit looking for the next challenge, our client, an award-winning craft brewery in London, UK, is interested in your knowledge and what you can bring to their extensive plans for 2022!
They are looking to recruit a Head Brewer, whose role will be critical in the efficient running of the brewery, from leading the team to the delivery of core products, including developing new product ranges including seasonal and limited batch beers.
As Head Brewer, you will be a brand ambassador for our client in the world of craft beers. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has experience leading brewing teams in the past where they share both passion and technical brewing experience.
- Engage and ensure that the team understand the strategy, their part in its achievement, and the rigor of maintaining and improving the individual quality and character of all products
- Coach, lead and manage the Brewing team to create a committed, bold and curious team
- Ensure excellent team communication is maintained and empower the team in the creation and delivery of routine and NPD solutions, and to challenge the “status quo”
- Effectively manage and control all beer and material stock items, to ensure the delivery of the variable production cost budget, Utility KPI’s and productivity yields.
- Scope and manage CAPEX projects for on time delivery and to budget.
Brand & Portfolio
- To be an ambassador and the face of Meantime beer. To ‘champion’ the role of beer in Meantime, appearing in social media/PR coverage generated by the Marketing function.
- Working with Marketing and the brewing team in the development of a product range and offering, including the seasonal and limited batch brews, that reflect the brand and will appeal to target customers.
- Act as a thought leader in craft beers and support the innovation and NPD agenda by developing new liquids and introducing new brewing technology, to provide better consumer experiences.
Health and Safety
- Lead by example, adhering to all Health and Safety policies and procedures to drive a safety culture in the work place.
What you get:
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus
- Beer allowance
- Discounted onsite food offerings
- Pension contribution
- Private medical
- Life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- You get to work for leading craft brewer!
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- Strong technical Brewing experience – with clear demonstratable experience of brewing and process improvement.
- Passion for craft beer – well versed and connected in the UK craft market, as well as knowledgeable on key trends from the US and other international markets.
- Experienced in selecting and sourcing hops and malts from around the world
- Energetic self-starter with an outgoing, engaging positive “can do” attitude.
- Bold and curious in nature, and able to demonstrate credibility and persuasiveness in leading change in an industry that is ‘traditional’ and generally resistant to change.
- Confident communicator with an outgoing personality.
- Proven track record of developing new brews, evolving the classic beer styles with modern twists
For more information, please contact Penny Zaloumis at The Carling Partnership Ltd,
firstname.lastname@example.org tel +44 (0)1483 893100.
Applications from candidates already eligible to work in the UK only please.