Our client, a large innovative craft brewery on the rise, is looking to recruit a Head of Production.
The successful candidate will manage all activities in the brewing and packaging departments across the multiple sites, to ensure that the beer and process quality standards are achieved and aligned with the production departments vision.
The responsibilities will include being accountable for the overall daily production operation and setting priorities to ensure the teams feel supported and have the necessary support to reach their full potential.
The Head of Production will be responsible for the realisation and implementation of all agreed projects and be accountable for all production related plans and execution.
Skills, experience and attributes:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Brewing Management role
- Master’s Degree in Brewing Science, Biology, Chemistry or another relevant field; or relevant area experience
- Proven leadership and management skills with at least 5-year experience in a management position
- Have a passion for people development and training
- Have a demonstrated ability to work with automated processes interface and process control instrumentation, as well as manual brewery operations
- Advance knowledge, experience in packaging operation, high speed canning or bottling lines (grater then 30k can/bottles per h) and high capacity kegging lines (>150 kegs/h). Including Lean Production principles (OEE, GLY, LEF, …)
- Knowledge of MS-365 and its apps
- Reporting, advance data management
- Evidence of effective communication within and between teams
- Able to manage time efficiently
- Assertiveness – confident to challenge the way things are done
- Full understanding of quality analysis and methods
- GMP, HACCP, ISO, BPI or Salsa Accreditation experience and Systems Implementation experience
- NPD (New Product Development) or EPD (Existing Product Development) project management experience
- NPI project management
- Understanding of Brewery Operations as whole
For more information, please contact Penny Zaloumis at The Carling Partnership Ltd,
Tel: +44 (0)1483 893100.