Scotland, UK ref: 1532
Nestled in one of the most picturesque parts of Scotland, our client produces truly hand-crafted spirits from distillation through to bottling with passion, skill and pride.
They are now looking to recruit a Head Distiller who will ensure excellence and quality throughout from distilling to overall site maintenance. He/she will be the Process Lead who will manage all aspects of Distillery Operations at the site, ensuring key targets of EHS, production, cost, quality, customer service, and people development are met.
A great opportunity for an up and coming Distiller ready to make the next step to leading a small distilling team. Making their mark on all the elements of the distilling process, as well as involvement in the NPD process for new mash bills / recipes of whisky, gin, rum and other spirits.
Skills, experience and attributes:
• Qualified to degree level (desirable)
• Strong technical experience within a Distilling environment
• General management experience in manufacturing
• Experience of quality systems
• Relevant EH&S Qualification
• Experience in creating spirits to a brief
• Strong technical knowledge of malting, mashing, fermentation and distillation operations
• Good process knowledge of maturation operations
• Knowledge and understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles
• Ability to lead, motivate, coach and inspire Operating Teams
• Broad knowledge and understanding of all relevant Environmental, Health & Safety legislation, and HMRC
• Broad understanding of Financial, Commercial and Procurement practices
• Proven knowledge of IT systems
• Strong problem solving and project management skills ensuring cross functional ownership and accountability
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to build strong relationships cross-functionally
For more information, please contact Julie Carling at The Carling Partnership Ltd
firstname.lastname@example.org tel +44 (0)1483 893100.
We will be pleased that you have dropped us line, we will look over your email and be in touch shortly