Northern France ref: 1574
Our client is an expanding company who develops and markets innovative and qualitative products and services for the beer, wine, spirits and beverage fermentation worldwide.
In order to support their strong growth they are strengthening their R&D team and are recruiting a technical manager specialised in fermentation in the field of spirits, all pure fermentable materials and/or mixtures. This role will be based near Lille, France.
• Projects involving the development and characterisation of new products and fermentation solutions for spirits and their budget in external (universities, institutes, etc.) and internal (Corporate R&D, etc.) links,
• Monitoring the existing range of products for spirits to assess their suitability for the market and the budget associated with their characterisation/permanence/development. In this respect, you will participate in the preparation of the annual R&D action plan and in the preparation of the overall R&D budget, and in the drafting of promotional documents (technical data sheets, arguments, presentations, etc.),
• Ensuring the relevance of application tests,
• Drawing up specifications for products intended for the production of spirits,
• Ensuring that products meet regulatory requirements,
• Ensuring competitive analysis and technological monitoring in the production of spirits
• Setting up regular cross-functional communication (marketing, regulatory, supply chain, etc.) on the progress of your projects,
• Producing technical presentations and publications in your field of expertise,
• Representing our client in the technical world (symposiums, congresses, conferences),
• Maintaining and developing your academic network (research centers, universities, colleges, etc.),
• Providing your expertise to Technical Sales Support Managers, Regional Sales Managers, etc., as well as to all company teams,
• Finally, you may be required to supervise people (trainees, fixed-term contracts, permanent contracts).
• You are a qualified agri-food engineer or equivalent, and you master the fundamentals of fermentation and distillation processes with in-depth knowledge of fermentable materials and their production processes.
• You have at least 10 years experience in the field of spirits (fermentation, distillation, in production or R&D
• You also have a keen interest in the manufacture of fermented drinks in their entirety (beer, wine, cider, etc.).
• You have a commercial and marketing mindset, while also demonstrating a perfect command of the innovation process and project management. Collaborative tools are part of your daily routine (0365, Sharepoint, Teams, etc.).
• You are able to interact with people, are culturally open and are a good listener. You are also rigorous, analytical, able to summarize and tenacious.
• You have a taste for challenge and a strong ability to convince or pass on your knowledge.
• You have a sense of the field and of teamwork, and you know how to work independently to make progress on your projects.
• As you can work in all the countries where our client is developing its activities, your fluency in English is a prerequisite; fluency in Spanish is a plus.
• Frequent travel abroad (up to 50%) is expected.
For more information, please contact Laurence Rougeaux at The Carling Partnership Ltd,
email@example.com, tel +44 (0)1483 893100.
We will be pleased that you have dropped us line, we will look over your email and be in touch shortly