Scotland, UK ref: 1596
Respected within its industry, our client is a successful family owned business with over 150 years of history as a manufacturer and supplier of quality malt products to the whisky distilling and brewing industries with a client list from giant multi-nationals to start-up micro/craft brewers-with exports becoming increasingly important.
They are now looking to recruit a Technical Manager who will have responsibility for the development and implementation of technical standards and processes relating to the cereal procurement, malt, and feed production.
The overall purpose of the role is as follows:
• Develop a culture of continuous improvement where people strive to do better
• Develop the culture of a highly engaged workforce promoting a collaborative teamworking philosophy with the SML vision and values understood and lived by all team
• Develop Laboratory and Quality team capability via recruitment, training, and development to be able to both capably deliver site objectives and have potential to fill more senior roles as they occur. Identification of potential talent and nurturing accordingly
• Development and implementation of technical standards and processes relating to the cereal procurement, malt, and feed production. Development and then delivery of realistic yet challenging targets with site and department teams in respects of Technical and quality standards
Key activities involved in the role are:
• Be a main point of contact for customers and officers to engage with in respect of technical matters
• Liaise with the site team and other senior managers in the business in development of targets
• Use of daily, weekly, and monthly site management meetings to track and manage progress
• Promotion of Continuous Improvement projects and initiatives; establishing plans, pathways and supporting activity. Tracking progress with sites and departments. Assisting in the clearing of roadblocks. Mentoring and developing project leaders
• Encouraging learning and undertaking activities that develop the team
• Active and consistent promotion of standards and behaviours through visible engagement at all levels of the team and developing the belief within the team to make a difference
• Upholding standards around the sites, celebrating best practice and challenging where it falls short
To be successful in this role, you will need to be/have:
• Exceptional planning and organisational skills
• Good communication skills and IT literate
• Positive and ‘can do’ mood across Laboratory and Quality with team members working together to support our primary activities
• A good technical understanding of either malt and malting, brewing, distilling or cereal science. A professional qualification in these fields would be a distinct advantage.
• Proactive, a team player, enthusiastic and adaptable person
Applications from candidates already eligible to work in the UK only please.
For more information, please contact Julie Carling at The Carling Partnership,
Tel +44 (0)1483893100.
We will be pleased that you have dropped us line, we will look over your email and be in touch shortly