London, UK ref: 1611
Our client is a British coffee roasting business based in London, United Kingdom. The company was founded in 2001 on the principle of marrying high quality specialty coffee with responsible sourcing, making coffee better for everyone from drinkers to farmers.
They are now looking to recruit a Production Planner, responsible for ensuring the Operations Team has a short, medium and long-term plan in place for coffee roasting and packaging. The successful candidate will also control raw material stock holding and finished goods ordering, thus preventing out of stock situations and ensuring optimum production efficiency.
The Production Planner is responsible for ensuring the Operations team has a short, medium and long-term plan in place for coffee roasting and packaging. They will be responsible for liaising with the Sales and Marketing teams to schedule a full production plan, ensure there is sufficient green coffee and that packaging materials are available to roast and pack the correct coffee for upcoming orders. They will also control raw material stock holding and finished goods ordering, thus preventing out of stock situations and ensuring optimum production efficiency.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Collaborate with Sales and Marketing to ensure Production has all the necessary information to determine an effective supply chain.
• Work with Production Manager to maintain an efficient production plan, maximising operational efficiency and minimising downtime, while working to specific turn- around times.
• Working with the Head of Quality to ensure the correct green coffee is on site for the various coffees we produce.
• Working with the Supply Chain Co-ordinator to ensure green coffee/decaf and PODS are produced on time and in full.
• To optimise the warehouse stock holding to improve cash flow and to minimise raw material holding and finished goods.
• Support and achieve the goals for operational efficiency and increased productivity.
• Support the work for the implementation of ERP and its ongoing operation.
• Support the Supply Chain Co-ordinator to manage green coffee stocks.
• Become an integral part of month-end stock takes, working with the Finance team to have accurate stocks.
• Monitor forecast and production accuracy and other KPI’s as determined by the company, looking to drive improvements and efficiencies.
• Analyse current operational processes and performance, recommending solutions for improvement where necessary
• Develop, implement, and monitor day-to-day operational systems and processes that provide visibility into goals and progress.
• Build and maintain relationships with all departments.
• Establish a culture of continuous business improvement
• Ensure all tasks are carried out to reflect our commitment to making a positive social and environmental impact.
• Knowledge of supply chain operation
• 2- 5 years planning experience dealing with FMGC environments
• Ability to plan and manage operational process for maximum efficiency and productivity
• Experience using NetSuite Oracle desirable
Applications from candidates already eligible to work in the UK only please.
For more information, please contact Julie Carling at The Carling Partnership,
Tel +44 (0)1483893100.
We will be pleased that you have dropped us line, we will look over your email and be in touch shortly