South East, UK ref: 1617
This is a newly created role responsible for the very successful retail and hospitality function on site at the distillery. Key responsibilities include the smooth running of the distillery shop, tours, bar and corporate hospitality/gifting, as well as hitting ambitious growth targets and leading a team of part time staff.
The successful candidate will be creative with a high level of attention to detail and focus on customer satisfaction. They will be highly organised with a commercial mindset and the ability to recruit, train and lead a team of part time staff.
• To achieve a minimum of 15% year on year growth across the function
• Develop corporate hospitality programme, including gifting and experiences
• Develop on site gin school from an idea to reality
• Calculate sales targets and communicate regularly to the teams
• Design an all-year-round incentive scheme for retail, tours and bar staff
• Review and analyse sales data to inform decision making
• Produce a quarterly plan on a page for each function for sign off by the GM
• Update and refresh tours offering
• Organise 2 key on site events per year – World Gin Day and Christmas shopping day, plus additional events such as Jubilee street party etc.
• Ensure a minimum of 3, on site, ticketed events per month, on top of tours
• Merchandising products in the shop to ensure creative and memorable displays that change every 6-8 weeks in line with key events and gifting periods
• Seasonal menu refreshes in the bar and monthly specials, tied in with key events
• Ensure outstanding presentation of both the shop and bar, as well as staff
• Recruitment, training and retention of tours, bar and shop staff with support from the Head of People
• Responsible for weekly shop and bar rota
• Regular training for all staff on product knowledge, appearance, customer service, sales techniques and company
• Responsible for creating standard operating procedures to cover cleaning, service, timing and content of tours etc.
• Buying responsibility for bar stock and new third-party shop products
• Liaising with marketing to increase footfall to the site through special offers, local promotion in media and online
• Liaise with finance team to ensure ePOS system is up to date
• Other ad-hoc duties as required to meet the needs of the business
• Collaborative working style
• Strong leadership skills
• Commercial acumen
• Excellent attention to detail
• Previous people management experience
• Hardworking and trustworthy
Applications from candidates already eligible to work in the UK only please.
For more information, please contact Tanya White at The Carling Partnership Ltd,
Tel +44 (0)1483893100.
We will be pleased that you have dropped us line, we will look over your email and be in touch shortly