Based in Hungary, our client operates a multi-product bio-refinery, using state-of-the-art production processes.
They are now looking to recruit a Production Director to lead production of the biggest and most efficient bio-ethanol plant in Europe, part of a fast growing business that is transforming from ethanol producer to modern protein feed manufacturer.
Main job responsibilities:
- Setting and delivering production targets for all produced products (ethanol, corn oil, Dried Distillers Grain soluble, wet corn fiber, dried organic fertilizer) with appropriate product quality and according to technological processes.
- Maximizing run time of the equipment by reducing duration of planned shutdowns and eliminate unplanned shutdowns.
- Continuous optimizing of production/technological processes to maximise output, reduce costs, losses, down times, and utility usages. Standardizing technological process.
- Ensuring swift root cause analysis of production issues and corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Ensure the plant meets environmental and safety protocols.
- Ensuring efficient use of personnel.
- Continuously develop competency and required skills of personnel.
- Ensure participation of operational personnel in new project commissioning, once commissioned ensure adequate operation of new equipment.
- Ensuring cost control and cost optimization.
- Ensuring appropriate and careful use of available assets.
- University Degree in Technical Sciences (BSc chemical or mechanical engineering).
- Min 5 years’ experience in managing production units or lines (bio-refineries, breweries, distilleries, food processing plants).
- Track record to build high performing teams.
- Business administration degree is an advantage.
- Experience in multinational companies is an advantage.
- Lean management as an advantage.
- Fluent English (Hungarian preferred, but not mandatory).
- Committed, empowering, positive mindset, critical thinking, collaborative, ambitious.
Advantages of the roles:
- Lead production of biggest and most efficient bio-ethanol plant in Europe, part of fastest growing business that is transforming from ethanol producer to modern protein feed manufacturer.
- Transformation of production into systematic and standardised operational processes.
- Career opportunities for growing into senior executive role.
- Unlimited learning opportunities in cutting edge technical, technological fields and automation.
- Very challenging yet dynamic and supportive work environment.
For more information, please contact Penny Zaloumis at The Carling Partnership Ltd,
Tel: +44 (0)1483 893100.