Midlands, UK ref: 1621
Our client is a micro-brewery situated in the heart of the Peak District, England. With innovation and high quality at their core, the brewery produces upwards of 30 distinct brews, plus special editions. They are now looking to recruit a Production and Technical Manager to oversee wort production, cellaring and packaging workflow. Managing multiple teams across these production areas, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring smooth and timely delivery of packaged beer into the warehouse.
Key aspects of the role of PRODUCTION AND TECHNICAL MANAGER:
– Production management – ensuring, through close liaison with sales and management, that the brewing schedule reflects the business’ requirements and that the brew-plan can and will be executed efficiently.
– Reporting and delivery on KPIs
– Technical overseeing of brewing, cellaring and packaging systems – liaising with suppliers and support engineers.
– Oversee the maintenance of plant and machinery, and scheduled downtime.
– QA and QC procedures, help to develop better quality systems, in liaison with our Quality Manager.
– Laboratory – manage further development of in-house laboratory analysis systems and records.
– Keep documentation up to date in liaison with the Quality Manager.
– Supplier contract management.
– Brewing scheduling – modelling efficiency and best practice.
– Forecasting, business development.
– Work alongside the Brewers, Packaging Team, Sales Manager, Brewery Manager and Directors to help drive the business forward and to develop plans and strategies for the future.
– Management and career development of staff.
– Engage in continuous professional development and self-start training.
Qualifications / experience:
• The ideal candidate will have several years’ experience in a technical brewing / production management role, preferably in a medium to large craft brewery.
• Qualified to a minimum undergraduate degree level in a technical or engineering discipline, with further work-based qualifications gained along the way. IBD Qualifications, or similar will be of particular relevance.
• An amiable personality, with an ability to communicate ideas and address issues will be essential.
• The role is based primarily at the production brewery site, but there will be many opportunities for travel to represent the brewery and to visit other breweries as part of our collaborative brewing program and attendance at beer festivals.
Applications from candidates already eligible to work in the UK only please.
For more information, please contact Tanya White at The Carling Partnership Ltd,
Tel +44 (0)1483893100.
We will be pleased that you have dropped us line, we will look over your email and be in touch shortly