London, UK ref: 1623
Our client founded India’s first craft brewery, with the aim of bringing both quality and variety to the Indian beer market. They have been importing Indian brewed beers into the UK since 2018 and have established a loyal customer base in the heart of London amongst craft beer lovers, modern diners and the street food scene.
They are now looking for a Business Development Executive to continue growth within London and the rest of the UK as they go through an exciting expansion process.
About the Role
This position is a dream job for those passionate about beer! Creating sales, increasing brand awareness, and developing relationships with potential and existing customers in the on-trade are the key elements to this role.
You will not only be mapping out your region and prospecting for new customers, but you will also be managing our existing accounts to ensure repeat orders are placed.
You will serve as a brand ambassador, showcasing these incredible products at events and tasting sessions as required.
You should ideally have at least 12 months of sales experience in the drinks industry, as well as extensive knowledge of the UK on-trade.
You must have a proven track record in new business sales and be able to deliver results while maintaining the high level of service that our customers expect.
You must be willing to be hands-on and part of a team who are looking to grow an exciting brand within the UK which could mean that you will be involved in different elements of the business and have the aspiration to grow into a role of management down the line.
More information about the role:
Hours of work
Approximately 40-45 hours per week – This is a field-based role and you may be required to work on an ad hoc basis including evenings and weekends to attend events or customer visits as required.
London – working in the field, visiting outlets primarily the on-trade (pubs, bars, restaurants) but also in the off-trade (off licenses, bottle shops, grocery stores etc.)
Main Purpose and Key Tasks of The Role
• To grow sales through prospecting and winning new customers, tight account management of existing customers, and building brand awareness through trade and consumer sampling events to secure new distribution points
• Researching and identifying opportunities within your region which will generate new business and drive rate of sale; once you have secured a new distribution points, looking after those customers and working with them to grow the volume of business
• Account management: Ensuring that all existing customers are provided with an excellent level of customer service
• Wholesalers: Liaising with our wholesale partners to ensure that we are at the forefront of their business. This will include attending team meetings, providing brand presentations and meeting with the respective account managers in the area.
• Journey planning: planning and managing your diary to ensure journey planning, prospect visits and daily duties are planned efficiently and effectively.
Managing and hitting targets: place consistent focus on hitting and exceeding your set KPIs.
Essentials for the job
• Knowledge of the On and Off trade within London
• A love for the drinks and hospitality industry
• Commercial knowledge and analytical mindset
• Positive attitude and the ability to build rapport quickly and easily as well as maintain long lasting relationships
• Confidence to approach and communicate at all levels with a desire to get the job done.
• Excellent customer service skills and adaptability to new and unfamiliar situations.
• Passion, intensity and resilience!
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to grow their career and really make a difference within this growing category.
Applications from candidates already eligible to work in the UK only please.
For more information, please contact Julie Carling at The Carling Partnership,
Tel +44 (0)1483893100.
We will be pleased that you have dropped us line, we will look over your email and be in touch shortly