London, UK ref: 1626
Our client, a global company with some of the best brewers in the world, aims to enrich consumer experiences through innovation, high-quality service and an exceptional portfolio of premium beer, ale and cider brands. They are now looking to recruit a Laboratory Technician whose key purpose will be to determine by laboratory analysis, if products are of acceptable quality to be released to the next stage of production or in the case of final pack to the consumer market.
The Laboratory Technician is responsible for the following key outputs and accountabilities:
• Collection of samples from bulk deliveries through to final pack finished goods using approved methods and adhering to the sample plan.
• Test samples using approve methods and analyse results. Take all necessary steps to ensure precision and repeatability.
• Collect and test non-product samples to aid efficient running of the plant through safe and effective processes.
• Provide training to operators completing basic QC testing and validate results that are generated in production areas.
• Calibration, validation and basic maintenance of laboratory instruments.
• Aid with the development of the lab samples plans as production needs change.
• Organising, preparing for and running sensory evaluation in a controlled environment to create consistent conditions.
• Accurately enter results into LIMS taking care to safeguard product traceability.
• Produce reports in a timely to help production departments keep to schedule.
• Release stock in SAP with references linking back to lab test records.
• Communicate product status clearly and effectively to relevant areas.
• Promote team effectiveness and lead by example.
• Be flexible and support colleagues across the labs as required based on production needs and associated time pressure.
• Work with colleagues to actively seek opportunities to improve business performance.
• Share knowledge, insight, expertise and resources to support wider team requirements.
• Tailor approach and communicate effectively to various audiences
• Use direct, logical persuasion in discussion or presentation
• Sound out key decision makers and potential sponsors prior to meetings
• Make fluent presentations with the audience in mind
• Uphold housekeeping and hygiene standards in laboratories and sensory room.
• Take responsibility for the safety of the Laboratory Team
• Ensure we work to the company standards and policies but above all maintain the safety of our team at the Brewery
• Be accountable – Never walk past a hazard without acting
• BSc or equivalent in a related Science discipline
• At least one year of experience in an analytical laboratory, preferably in the food industry
• Basic knowledge of HACCP requirements
• Strong IT skills including competent use of MS Office and a laboratory information management system (LIMS), preferably with administrator experience.
Key attributes of the successful person
• Good analytical skills and microbiological technique.
• Ability to produce high quality data and accurate information.
• Strong communication skills that can be tailored to all levels of production.
• Outstanding teamwork.
• Flexibility to multi-task and prioritise workload.
• Excellent problem-solving skills to support production teams.
• Organisational skills, dealing with a variety of IT packages.
• Knowledge of our quality standards, health and safety and any external legalisation relevant to this department.
• A working knowledge of all brands and products.
• Demonstrate initiative, ability to operate with limited supervision, and balance different priorities.
• The successful candidate will make decisions about product hold/release status and will therefore need to gain the trust and confidence of the Senior Team.
Applications from candidates already eligible to work in the UK only please.
For more information, please contact Laurence Rougeaux at The Carling Partnership Ltd,
email@example.com, tel +44 (0)1483 893100.
We will be pleased that you have dropped us line, we will look over your email and be in touch shortly