Midlands, UK ref: 1639
Our client, established in 1943, has gone on to provide a continuous quality service to the UK brewing and drinks industries. They are looking to recruit a Packaging Manager/Senior Production Team Leader to manage, coach and mentor the Team Leaders to ensure the efficient and effective running of the production process, ensure that all products are produced to the specified specifications, target and deadlines are met to achieve the orders and to ensure that all direct staff comply with the company’s Health and Safety procedures.
• To take full responsibility of the Production Teams, in terms of management of staff, management of production (Intake – Despatch), health & safety, quality targets, security, housekeeping and hygiene.
• To take full responsibility of the quality & food safety in line with the company’s quality systems, processes and procedures.
• Build successful and sustainable production teams that drive KPI’s and exceed expectations.
• Manage, develop and motivate TL’S, Deputy TL’s and facilitate the same for the other shift team members.
• Monitor, measure and report on production related process performance and downtime.
• Reduce downtime with operators on individual cost/time saving projects while also implementing a 5S & SMED working environment.
• Implement new procedures and processes that are sustainable.
• Deploy and manage Teams, rotate fairly to improve knowledge of team and upskill operators. Ensure absence and holidays are covered.
• Investigate and carry out disciplinary hearings if and where required.
• Ensure good communication is given either verbally or written to all Production Team Members.
• To ensure that Health and Safety rules and regulations are adhered to during the shift and all matters relating to this are dealt with.
• Problem solving and troubling shooting skills are used to ensure that all team members can identify root causes and take fast effective action to resolve the problems in hand.
• To work closely with the Team Leaders to ensure production handovers are effective communications tools.
• To ensure that the training skills are met for current and future demands of the shift.
• To have an active role in the continuous improvement plan to achieve plans for future company growth.
• Continuously maintain housekeeping standards to ensure a clean and safe workplace.
• Ensure that all employees take responsibility for ensuring company resources are used in an effective manner to ensure best operating costs.
• Be able to make appropriate decisions while following the company’s organisational structure.
• Maintaining high level of timekeeping is of the essence.
• Personality: This is a role for somebody dynamic, energetic, self-driven, results-oriented, and above all who has a positive “can do” outlook with a clear focus on deliverables. We are looking for a highly organised, naturally forward planning, logical, structured thinker who critically assesses his/her own performance. Empathic communication skills are essential.
• Able to communicate and motivate coherently – both verbally and via written media.
• Understands the principles of manufacturing, and has strong management skills. Strong leadership planning and organisational skills essential.
• Work experience: Minimum 3 years working in a high mass volume manufacturing environment as a Shift Supervisor or within an equivalent capacity. Ideally from a food manufacturing background.
• Able to work extended hours on occasions when required.
Applications from candidates already eligible to work in the UK only please.
For more information, please contact Julie Carling at The Carling Partnership,
Tel +44 (0)1483893100.
We will be pleased that you have dropped us line, we will look over your email and be in touch shortly