South West, England ref: 1640
Based in the South West, our client has established themselves as one of the UK’s leading craft breweries. They are now looking to recruit a Head of Sales whose focus will be on building and managing the strategy and team that will strengthen relationships with key local accounts, develop wholesaler, national account and export partnerships and forge new business opportunities across all channels.
The Head of Sales is a pivotal role and will work closely alongside the Managing Director and Senior Leadership Team, providing operational and commercial input across the business.
Key responsibilities (this is not an exhaustive list):
● Ownership of the trade sales target
● Create a trade growth strategy to achieve business and brand objectives
● Devise and deliver effective channel plans
● Build, develop, align and manage the team as required to deliver the sales strategy
● Collaborate with the marketing team to create integrated plans
● Collaborate with marketing to define and deliver effective point of sale support plans
● Set and deliver KPIs and monthly reporting
● Create direct relationships with key national and international accounts as required such as supermarkets and pub groups
● Meet or exceed sales revenue targets whilst delivering required gross profit
● Work with the brew team to deliver accurate monthly and annual forecasts to help plan buying of key ingredients and demand planning
● Collaborate with other members of the senior team and relevant departments on product development and other initiatives to help grow the brand
● Ability and appetite to deliver growth in a strategic manner, balanced with a proactive and adaptable approach.
● Solutions focused with business challenges and needs.
● A proven track record in sales delivery, ideally within the craft beer or within a major retail sector
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
● Strong line management and organisational leadership skills
● Ideally experience of working at leadership team level
● Experience of managing high-level accounts that require a strategic management approach to the scale of supermarkets and pub groups
● The ideal candidate will ideally have previous FMCG industry experience
● A passion for beer, food and flavours.
● Strong customer focus.
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday. Some evening and weekend work for festivals and events will be required. There is flexibility in the role to work remotely so long the office is covered.
Applications from candidates already eligible to work in the UK only please.
For more information, please contact Julie Carling at The Carling Partnership,
Tel +44 (0)1483893100.
We will be pleased that you have dropped us line, we will look over your email and be in touch shortly