Home based/Central Europe ref: 1663
Silvateam S.p.A. is a world leader in the production of natural and sustainable products that are suitable for a wide range of applications including food and beverages.
They are now looking to recruit a Technical Brewer to become an Oenology and Beer Division Manager who will provide support to breweries in improving stabilisation and filtration performances with natural products and manage business relations with wine ingredient suppliers (B2B).
The successful candidate will be a professional, enthusiastic and personable individual with a passion for brewing and wine production, responsible for developing and supporting the sales portfolio and globally managing the team of people dedicated to it. They will also be in charge of the business development of other beverage industries in addition to brewing and wine making. Please note that for this role, applicants must be based/live in Central Europe not the UK.
• Direct contact with commercial word leader breweries and wine ingredient suppliers globally, including Americas, EMEA and Asia, you will be responsible for sales, sales development and technical support for our natural products
• Work with our agents, distributors and customers offering training and troubleshooting as required remotely and on-site when necessary
• Attending industry trade shows & conferences, and presenting our natural solutions to potential customers
• Work with universities & R&D centres, promoting and enhancing the know-how and the use of our products/technical solutions
• Developing new opportunities through technical contacts and cooperating with the sales team, agents and distributors is required to support the growth of our business.
• You shall be prepared to support our Customers technically and have clear and precise information regarding our solutions and products
• We need you to manage & supervise the brewery lab by reviewing analytical results and providing recommendations to Customers.
• Preparation and delivery of monthly sales and activity reports
Management & Technical skills
• Proven skills in strategic business development
• Demonstrated experience in managing a business division and coordinating company functions (marketing, R&D, regulatory, etc.)
• People management, a team of 5/6 people make up the division and report to this role
• Product portfolio management
• Product Development
• Recognised degree-level qualification in biological or food science discipline preferred. A recognised brewing qualification would be advantageous as would practical brewing experience and/or sales experience to the brewing industry
• Passion for technical brewing with a good knowledge of stabilisation and filtration together with a desire to learn wine making
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Windows operating systems
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Commercially aware and good financial acumen
• Must be able to maintain flexible working hours from a home-based location
• A proactive, can-do attitude
• Attend meetings at the Head Office when required
• Willingness to travel internationally, approximately 50% of your time
• Frequent overnight stays required.
For more information, please contact Julie Carling at The Carling Partnership:
Tel +44 (0) 1483 893100
We will be pleased that you have dropped us line, we will look over your email and be in touch shortly