Kenya, East Africa ref: 1667
Based in Kenya, our client creates authentic African craft beverages made with real African ingredients. They are now looking to recruit an entrepreneurial Master Distiller with a passion for making great craft products, who will be at the heart of delivering product innovation, quality and consistency.
• Production – Overseeing the production process to best ensure taste and quality without compromising on cost
• Taste-– optimize existing recipes/create new recipes for the launch of a new product range
• Quality – maintaining the quality of our products to ensure consistency in quality of liquid, and implementation and enforcement of food safety systems for spirits production
• Cost – maintaining or improving our taste without increasing costs
• Sourcing – identify the ideal botanical pipeline to deliver the best quality taste and work with the Supply Chain manager to source these
• Quality – work closely with the quality department to implement quality control standards, monitoring and reviewing of standards including continuous/real time improvements of the gin line.
Skills & Qualifications
● Bachelor’s degree in Food Science and Technology or similar technical discipline.
● Ability to independently build and run a production operation.
● Food safety and HACCP trained.
● Strong communication skills, both written and verbal in English – including communicating to larger groups.
● Minimum 5 years’ experience within FMCG production management, including technical management and quality assurance & control. Experience in beverages is an added advantage.
● Experience of hiring and performance managing a sizable team.
For more information, please contact Penny Zaloumis at The Carling Partnership Ltd,
Tel: +44 (0)1483 893100.
We will be pleased that you have dropped us line, we will look over your email and be in touch shortly