Midlands, UK ref: 1731
Our client, a multinational drink and brewing company, is looking to recruit a Head of Packaging. This Senior Leadership role is responsible for leading the brewery packaging department and is ultimately accountable for productivity, quality, cost, delivery and safety and morale in their area. The successful candidate should be a packaging expert and ideally have worked with canning and bottling, from an engineering background and a natural people leader.
• Accountable for safely optimising efficiency in all areas of packaging, utilising our continuous improvement processes which contribute to world class standards of operation and asset management through utilising, monitoring and evaluating productivity, quality, cost, delivery, EH&S, morale and loss and waste analysis to continuously improve performance.
• Accountable for building a winning packaging team by role modelling our values and actively coaching people’s development
• Coaches individuals and teams.
• Executes a department communication process ensuring that 250 employees at all levels in the department are provided with clear information about department objectives, are kept informed of actual performance vs. plan and are supported as part of change management efforts.
• Builds robust workforce and succession plans for all critical positions.
• Responsible for ensuring that all health, safety and environment, quality, cost and reliability standards are met and driving conformance to regulatory (e.g. EH&S/Sarbanes-Oxley) and accreditation standards (e.g. ISO/HACCP etc.) in packaging.
• Responsible for maintaining and improving the quality and reliability of all assets within packaging by leading the AM pillar and actively supporting the PM pillar.
• Develop and manage packaging asset strategy to meet or exceed long range plans, develop and execute budgetary and capital plans, review existing overall capacity in order to meet long range planning goals which are aligned to brewery and company strategy.
• As part of an integrated brewery leadership team, sets objectives and priorities and leads the change management processes for the department.
• Builds effective partnerships across the brewery and supply chain global network. Effectively represents the brewery interests on the Packaging Global Council.
• Previous experience in a senior leadership role within Supply Chain.
• Proven track record of building and developing high performing teams
• Demonstrated ability to coach at all levels of the organisation through the learn-do-teach principle.
• Experience implementing and sustaining World Class Supply Chain processes in fast moving consumer goods, chemical environment
• Advanced knowledge of manufacturing cost management.
Applications from candidates already eligible to work in the UK only please.
For more information, please contact Julie Carling at The Carling Partnership,
Tel +44 (0)1483893100.
We will be pleased that you have dropped us line, we will look over your email and be in touch shortly