Scotland, UK ref: 1735
Based in Scotland, our client strives to be a driving force in whisky and is renowned for building brands that stand out.
They are now looking to recruit a Mechanical Project Engineer will be responsible for the delivery of assigned Capital Projects. They will be required to follow the engineering governance requirements, which will include elements of writing tender documents, obtaining quotations, adhering to and producing budgets, working alongside procurement and legal to agree contracts and manage design/ delivery, installation and commissioning of the projects all in line with the business requirements.
Key Result Areas:
Health & Safety
• Ensure the health and safety standards are always upheld.
• Provide suitable design solutions ensuring the safest practicable option is selected.
• Lead and participate in HAZOP, HAZID, LOPA and other relevant risk identification and reduction activities related to CAPEX projects.
• Ensure projects are conducted in accordance with all H&S requirements including CDM regulations, suitable and sufficient RAMS are provided for all tasks and suitably trained and qualified staff and contractors are used.
• Working with production to understand the issues which are constraining production and lead on projects/modification to address.
• Using continuous improvement techniques such as yellow belt to improve working practices in plant, process and people.
• Look for and deliver improvements to reduce energy usage, water usage and contribute to the net zero carbon goal.
• Produce CAPEX papers detailing the business case and seek relevant approvals for any significant plant changes.
• Submit projects and provide input for the CAPEX 5-year plan.
• Ensure relevant final documentation and training is provided to production & engineering teams.
• Collect and analyse production data to measure efficiencies to increase volume.
• Read, interpret and appraise engineering drawings.
• Write engineering specifications, technical and tender documentation.
• Develop appropriate engineering solutions to suit business requirements.
• Collect technical information relating to projects and present it in a suitable format.
• Produce P&IDs, Plant & Equipment Schedules along with other relevant project documentation.
• Collate or produce all relevant asset information to allow the CMMS system to be updated and maintenance requirements defined.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Qualification in a relevant engineering subject.
• Relatable engineering work experience.
• Experience managing engineering projects.
• Full driving license.
Applications from candidates already eligible to work in the UK only please.
For more information, please contact Julie Carling at The Carling Partnership,
Tel +44 (0)1483893100.
We will be pleased that you have dropped us line, we will look over your email and be in touch shortly