London, UK ref: 1743
Our client, an award winning, London based brewery, has established a reputation for supplying well brewed, quality traditional cask and innovative craft beers to its customers. They are now looking to recruit an ambitious Head Brewer to lead their production team.
• ‘Hands on’ management and operation of the 50HL brewery and distillery, ensuring all operations are efficient, hygienic and safe.
• Developing, motivating, and managing of the production team to instil best practice, quality controls, robust planning and excellence in all aspects of production and packaging.
• Deliver training and ongoing appraisal of production team as well as encourage vocational qualifications.
• Managing key production requirements and setting KPIs for production team. Production planning of single shift brewing schedule and packaging scheduling to meet demand.
• Responsible for contracts and supply of brew house materials, packaging goods, chemicals and other materials.
• Ensuring inventory is in keeping with production, balance cost and cash flow considerations.
• Seeking continuous improvement to the product and process whilst maintaining beer quality through analysis and taste panels.
• Maintain record keeping and quality control to a high standard.
• New product development with ideas to expand the beer portfolio and build the brand.
• Work closely with sales and distribution teams to meet sales demand.
• Maintain and develop standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the brewing processes from receipt of raw materials through to packaged finished goods.
• Development and management of H&S, SALSA and all regulatory affairs.
• Manage the maintenance of all equipment to ensure it is fully functional at all times.
• Hold regular brewery team meetings, complete with confirmed actions and responsibilities.
• Working with the management and Directors to contribute to the future success of the business as a key member of the senior management team, attending regular management meetings and providing both strategic and tactical input into the brewery business plans.
• Represent the brewery as brand ambassador at industry and key networking events.
• Support the sales team at trade shows, ‘Meet the Brewer’, beer festivals and brewery tours.
• Work with marketing on initiatives for social engagement.
Who we are looking for:
• Professional brewing qualification with a good level of brewing experience in a leadership/management role.
• Extensive knowledge of industry compliance standards: including safety standards, Government regulatory programs, HACCP, SALSA and production management systems such as Brewman.
• A strong understanding of process controls, troubleshooting and process improvement.
• A passion for beer and the development of new beers.
• Strong organisational, planning and communication skills combined with attention to detail.
• A strong work ethic and the ability to multi-task, prioritise, adapt to changing situations and stay focused on objectives.
• Must be flexible and willing to take a hands-on approach in order to support the brewing operations.
• Passion and professionalism with an optimistic outlook to life and beer.
• Self -motivated, organised, and energetic individual with good communication skills. Great troubleshooting skills and attention to detail.
• Distilling experience preferred but not essential.
Applications from candidates already eligible to work in the UK only please.
For more information, please contact Julie Carling at The Carling Partnership,
Tel +44 (0)1483893100.
We will be pleased that you have dropped us line, we will look over your email and be in touch shortly