London, UK ref: 1754
Our client’s company is founded on the principle of marrying high quality speciality coffee with responsible sourcing, making coffee better for everyone from drinkers to farmers.
They work in 14 countries with over 42 producer partners to bring an ever-changing selection of delicious coffees, from house blends to single origins and exciting microlots.
They are now looking to recruit a Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Coordinator who will be responsible for promoting a culture where safety and quality always come first, as well as ensuring systems are in place to provide assurance that quality/continuous improvement, food safety, health and safety and environmental requirements are met across the business.
Key duties and responsibilities
• To engage with colleagues at all levels to promote a highly engaged QHSE culture across the business through behavioural observations, coaching, analysis, communication, and engagement with all relevant parties.
• To assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of relevant management systems which support the recognised QHSE certifications held and other standards implemented.
• To support site management to maintain the relevant ISO/BRC standards. (ISO14001; BRC AA* Grade)
• To provide support across multiple team functions and issues on site to ensure quality, environmental and H&S compliance with all legal regulatory and other requirements. To coordinate the evaluation of QHSE legal compliance as required.
• To assist in identifying QHSE training requirements, monitoring training updates, and compliance – ensuring that adequate learning and development resources are made available.
• To deliver specific QHSE training, including the onsite induction for all new starters along with annual refresher training.
• To ensure that all Policies, Procedures, Documents, Records and Specifications, which include QHSE elements are signed off and reviewed to schedule and when incidents or improvements dictate.
• To schedule and carry out QHSE risk assessments and internal audits, as required.
• To ensure non-conformances, accidents, and near-misses are investigated and effective corrective actions identified and implemented
• To attend QHSE Committee meetings and provide updates as necessary.
• Any other relevant function as required by the Operations Director.
The QHSE Co-Ordinator will embody company values and possess the following qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience:
• Experience in working with management systems and carrying out internal audits
• Experience working within an FMCG Food Production environment
• Excellent organisational and communication skills
• A sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
• The ability to work with others and develop good working relationships
• NEBOSH General certificate would be advantageous
• Knowledge of BRC Food Safety, Quality and Operational Standards (British Retail Consortium)
• Knowledge of ISO45001 (H&S), and ISO14001 (Environment) standards is desirable but not essential as full training will be given
Applications from candidates already eligible to work in the UK only please.
For more information, please contact Julie Carling at The Carling Partnership,
Tel +44 (0)1483893100.
We will be pleased that you have dropped us line, we will look over your email and be in touch shortly