South East, UK ref: 1757
Our client, based in the South east of England, is dedicated to brewing great beer spanning the range of classical, heritage and modern. They are now looking to recruit an Engineering Electrical Support Manager who will be responsible for supervising the engineering team, overseeing preventative maintenance, budget management, health and safety and supervising contractors.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Electrical, process control, instrumentation and some mechanical fault finding and modifications
• Understanding and experience of PLC’s and pneumatics
• Electrical knowledge in packing machinery (automated lines)
• Responsible for preventative and reactive maintenance with a large emphasis on fault finding, diagnostics, completion and development
• Scheduling and ensuring preventative maintenance is carried out
• Prioritising work/daily activities and delegating to the engineering team
• To implement control system modifications from operational requests to improve process control or compliance
• Ensuring contractors sign in and are issued permits to work, etc.
• Communicating regularly and effectively with shift managers to ensure minimal disruption to production
• Completion of root cause analysis and engineering reports
• Compile and complete all chronic/sporadic loss investigation
• Pro-actively contribute to sites safety programme
• Comply with Health & Safety/Food Safety regulations.
• Maintenance of inventory and stock control
• Purchasing, negotiating best rates and ensuring key spare parts are kept in stock whilst working within budgets
Experience & Qualifications:
• University degree or minimum apprenticeship with HNC in electrical engineering and experience within a production environment.
• Electrical knowledge and multi-engineering skills including a good mechanical and pneumatic knowledge
• Significant depth of knowledge of fault finding, calibration, testing, investigation and programming in technical aspects such as PLC’s, HMI’s, various flow meters, detectors, control systems, and other measurement meters.
• PLC and Scada systems knowledge and experience.
• Previous experience in production / process engineering and industrial environment would be beneficial for this position.
• Experience implementing process improvements via control system modifications and in diagnosing and fixing complex process and control system faults.
• Experience of project engineering and delivery.
• Understanding of relevant Company and/or national engineering standards
• Ideally current Electrical Installation Regulations qualification and experience in electrical wiring to 18th Edition.
Applications from candidates already eligible to work in the UK only please.
For more information, please contact Julie Carling at The Carling Partnership,
Tel +44 (0)1483893100
We will be pleased that you have dropped us line, we will look over your email and be in touch shortly